Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Glimpse at the Classrooms

One of the greatest things about Cambridge is its architecture. It is like I am walking around in a 17th century themed park. I expect to walk around the side of a building and see 4 x 6 boards holding the facades up. 
Because this environment is so inspiring, I wanted to take a minute to show you where I am studying. 

This is one of my classrooms. This picture was taken from the balcony.

Another of my classrooms. This building is nestled in the Newnham Garden! I very much enjoy the walk to class every day!
 Last night's plenary lecture was held at the Senate House. This was a rare venue to have this lecture because this building is used for ceremonies only. The only other time I would be able to be in it is if I were graduating from the University!
Facade of the Senate House

Interior of the Senate House and Deidre to the right of the picture!
I don't want to say that this is better than Brenau's Owens Student Center or Thurmond-McRae Lecture Hall, but...

1 comment:

  1. I love the building in the Newnam garden. What a wonderful studio it would make! I'm curious about the name. My mother is a Newnham, and her grandparents moved here from England. I know there is a town called Newnham Bridge in Wales. Is there any kind of historical marker that might shed light on the name or the garden's history?

    ReplyDelete